R. Panneer Selvam
James T. Womble Endowed Professorship in Computational Mechanics and Nanotechnology Modelling
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Loading
- Finite Element Methods in Civil Engineering
- Numerical modeling of linear, nonlinear and dynamic behavior in structural mechanics, fluid dynamics and acoustics using boundary element, finite element and finite difference methods
- Experimental research using photoelasticity and strain measuring instruments
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Madras
- M.E., Structures, University of Madras
- M.S., Civil Engineering, South Dakota School Mines & Technology
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University
- Kashefizadeh, M., Verma, S., Selvam, R. 2019. Computer modelling of close-to-ground tornado wind-fields for different
tornado widths, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics 191, 32-40.
Yousef, M., Selvam, R. 2018. Compare Tornado Force Coefficients on Dome and Prism Building Using Three-Dimensional
Computational Fluid Dynamics Model, Applications of Fluid Dynamics 261-272.
Yousef, M., Selvam, R., Prakash, J. 2018. A comparison of the forces on dome and prism for straight and tornadic wind using CFD model, Wind and Structures 26(6), 369-38.