- The MSE program has been well ranked among online graduate engineering programs at public, doctoral granting institutions by U.S. News & World Report since the inception of the survey. In addition to overall rankings, the program ranks well for veterans searching for an online graduate engineering program.
- The College of Engineering is ranked among the top 100 public doctoral granting institutions in the United States.
- The University of Arkansas is a Military Friendly School.
Recent awards received by some of the MSE faculty:
- Dr. Juan Balda - chair of IEEE's Power Electronics Society Technical Committee on Sustainable Energy Systems
- Dr. Manuel Rossetti - 2020 IISE Modeling and Simulation Teaching Award
- Dr. R. Panneer Selvam - 2019 appointed to Board of Governors of the Engineering Mechanics Institute, part of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- Dr. Gary Prinz - 2018 Milek Faculty Fellowship Award
- Dr. Marty Matlock - Appointed Senior Advisor for Food Systems Resiliency
- Dr. Ed Pohl - J. Steinhardt Prize, Fellow of Engineering Management Society, Fellow of the Society of Reliability Engineers and John L. Imhoff Global Excellence Award
- Dr. Ashok Saxena - the Paul C. Paris Gold Medal from the International Congress on Fracture, recognizing his contributions to research on fracture and structural integrity
- Dr. Brajendra Panda - National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity award to improve recovery methods for infrastructure after cyber atatcks.